Verity.one, with its trademark TRUTH MATTERS™, has been a beacon of integrity and transparency in the business world for over 21 years. Our commitment to ethical practices is further cemented by our US Government CAGE Code: 8JSY1 and our registration with SAM.gov. In light of the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act, we at Verity.one and TRUTH MATTERS™ are dedicated to ensuring our supply chains are free from slavery and human trafficking, aligning with the Act's objectives and our core values.
The California Transparency in Supply Chains Act
The California Legislature, recognizing the hidden yet pervasive nature of slavery and human trafficking, enacted the Transparency in Supply Chains Act. This law aims to expose these crimes and prevent the inadvertent promotion of such practices through consumer purchases. It mandates large retailers and manufacturers to disclose their efforts in eradicating slavery and human trafficking from their supply chains, thus empowering consumers to make informed decisions.
Verity.one and TRUTH MATTERS™ Compliance
As a company deeply rooted in ethical practices, Verity.one and TRUTH MATTERS™, with our extensive experience and government affiliations, are committed to not just complying with but exceeding the requirements of the Transparency in Supply Chains Act.
Who is Covered?
The Act applies to retail sellers or manufacturers doing business in California with annual worldwide gross receipts exceeding $100,000,000. Verity.one and TRUTH MATTERS™, with our global presence and significant business footprint, fall within this category.
In compliance with the Act, we disclose our efforts in the following areas:
- Verification: We engage in thorough verification of our product supply chains to address risks of human trafficking and slavery. This process is enhanced by our 21 years of industry experience and is conducted with the utmost diligence, often involving third-party verifications.
- Audits: Our supplier audits are rigorous and aim to ensure compliance with our high standards against trafficking and slavery. These audits are conducted independently and are often unannounced to ensure authenticity.
- Certification: We require our suppliers to certify that their materials comply with laws regarding slavery and human trafficking, reflecting our commitment to legal and ethical operations.
- Internal Accountability: Verity.one and TRUTH MATTERS™ maintain strict internal accountability standards. Any employee or contractor failing to meet our standards faces appropriate consequences, ensuring our commitment to ethical practices is upheld throughout the organization.
- Training: Our employees and management, especially those directly involved in supply chain management, receive comprehensive training on identifying and mitigating risks of human trafficking and slavery in our supply chains.
At Verity.one and TRUTH MATTERS™, our adherence to the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act is not just a legal obligation but a moral imperative. With our longstanding commitment to truth and integrity, we continue to lead by example in promoting ethical business practices. For more information, please visit our website or consult the official California Transparency in Supply Chains Act page.